Amlin underwrites a diverse book of Marine and Energy liability risks. We write worldwide business and work closely with our colleagues around the world to provide local underwriting expertise.
Our marine portfolio includes:
- Worldwide watercraft liabilities: protection & indemnity, charterers’ liability, crew and employees, social responsibility insurance and vessel pollution
- Ports, terminals, shipyards and marinas including incidental exposures together with excess liability programmes
- Liabilities associated with all road, rail and air transit, transportation and incidental storage exposures. These include carriers’ liability, cargo and container liability, transport and handling equipment liability, seepage and pollution and shore side construction
We occasionally insure unusual risks including specialist contractual liabilities, hazardous pollution risks and other risks associated with the above operations.
Our energy portfolio comprises of international energy risks including:
- Upstream exploration and production companies
- Drilling and well service contractors
- Offshore construction projects
- Pipeline operators
Our underwriting box (number 54) is located on the ground floor of Lloyd’s, and in Singapore we can be found on Level 15 of Lloyd’s Asia.
“Our team has substantial experience and underwriting expertise for the classes of business we write. We fully appreciate the demands faced by brokers within our market and enjoy the challenge of pricing complex exposures in order to meet the needs of their Insureds.” Howard Burnell, Leading Class Underwriter.